WHO WE ARE: STEM Jobs provides teachers, counselors, and administrators in over 20,000 schools across the country tools and resources to quickly and easily implement a cutting edge STEM program that will engage and inspire students with key skills they need to aspire toward and pursue high-growth STEM jobs.
The STEM Jobs “Do What You Love” message is not simply a tag line, but rather the kind of culture-changing approach that schools, students, and parents need to address the challenging issues of under-representation, disinterest, and disconnect that underlie the national skills gap in critical technical jobs.
STEM Jobs provides a comprehensive solution for schools to engage students in and out of the classroom, connecting students to real-world STEM jobs through the industries they love, like sports, technology, entertainment, and music.
STEM JOBS Classroom Kits
Each STEM Jobs Classroom Kit provides teachers with engaging educational content designed to drive interest and reinforce the critical connections between the cultural topics students love and the academic topics students need to pursue those dreams. Each Classroom Kit is delivered in four installments to provide resources to connect your classroom to careers. Each quarterly installment includes:
* a classroom set of STEM Jobs magazine,
* 9 middle school and 9 high school project-based, standards-aligned lesson plans to help you integrate the magazine into your curriculum, and
* 4 Hot Jobs posters that highlight high-paying, high-demand careers in industries kids are passionate about.
That means teachers end up with a highly engaging, integrated STEM lesson plan for every week of the school year (36 lesson plans in all), 16 Hot Jobs posters, and classroom sets of four different issues of STEM Jobs magazine that take a closer look at industries like fitness, fashion, social media, broadcasting, toy design, and more so that there’s something to pique every student’s interest.
Latest posts by Ellen Egley (see all)
- 4 Great Math Books for High School Students - March 13, 2018
- Director of STEM Jobs Selected as a PA STEM Ambassador - March 1, 2018
- Getting Involved in Computer Science Education Week - December 4, 2017